A system that records the locations your fleet of vehicles visits
throughout the day is an essential tool for optimising your operational
efficiencies, helping you to reduce costs within your business and
provide effective customer service.
- Respond to customer enquiries efficiently regarding the
whereabouts of their delivery/engineer?
- Ascertain rapidly which vehicle in your fleet is the closest
to a customer location?
- Provide unequivocal evidence of the time a customer’s goods
arrived at their premises for delivery?
- Compare geographically the locations of your vehicles
throughout the day?
- See historically where your vehicles have travelled, at what
times and at what speeds?
- Compare the actual routes taken by your vehicles to the
- Reduced communication costs with mobile staff in order to
ascertain their whereabouts.
- Reduced support time in resolving customer queries.
- Being able to provide evidence of your arrivals against
- Through an increase in operational efficiency, a potential
reduction in the number of vehicles required to support your
- View within seconds the current location of a customer’s
delivery/engineer along with the distance and time from the
- With a few clicks of a button view the current distance and
time of every vehicle in your fleet to a customer location.
- View historically the locations your vehicles have visited
and at what times, and send any relevant information
electronically to your customer providing unequivocal evidence
of your arrival at their premises.
- View the current locations of your entire fleet on a map,
comparing their proximity to one another throughout the day.
- View on a map or in a report the locations your vehicles
have visited and at what times they were there, the total number
of miles driven over a specified period of time, the maximum
speeds achieved for each journey, the amount of time the vehicle
spends with the engine running but not moving (idling) and the
accumulated cost in fuel.
- View on a map or in reports the actual routes taken by each
of your vehicles throughout the day, and compare them to the
optimum routes detailing the reduction in mileage, travel time
and fuel costs that can be achieved.
The objective was to provide complete operational visibility so that management can enhance service efficiencies. It was imperative to Orange that the exact location of each engineer could be determined as staff did not always use the same vehicles and individual specialist skill sets varied. By combining individual RFID technology with vehicle tracking, Orange can identify where each engineer is at any time and determine “who is nearest” to any network service issue.
'Management are now confident that in the case of any fault, repair time can be reduced and customer service targets improved.'